Maton EBG808 TE Tommy Emmanuel Acoustic Electric
If you’ve ever seen Tommy Emmanuel perform you will know he is one of the world’s greatest guitarists, and one of the most inspirational musicians on the planet.
It takes a great guitar to meet the demands of such a great player. Designed in conjunction with guitar great Tommy Emmanuel, the TE series guitars are an outstanding tribute to Tommy’s musicianship and Maton’s superior craftsmanship.
Built to Tommys specifications, the TE series provides the huge tone and performance you would expect from a guitar bearing the name.
Tommy looks for a guitar with superb tone, capable of the most delicate expression as well as the most ferocious attack. The neck must stay true regardless of the rigours of international travel and the guitar needs to perform at its peak, from Rome, to Nashville, to Sydney!
Maton’s Tommy Emmanuel models feature a Mother of Pearl block inlay on the 12th Fret, engraved with “C.G.P.” The acronym stands for “Certified Guitar Player,” a title bestowed on Tommy by Chet Atkins and held by only 3 other guitarists in the world – John Knowles, Jerry Reed and Steve Warriner.
- Soundboard: “AAA” Grade Solid Sitka Spruce
- Back & Sides: Solid Queensland Maple
- Neck: Select Queensland Maple
- Fingerboard: Rosewood with dot inlays
- 12th fret “CGP” MOP block inlay
- Bridge: Rosewood
- Headstock: Walnut veneer
- Outer Binding: Ivory
- Inner Binding: Black/White/Black/White Soundhole Rosette:
- Finish: Satin, Honey stain face
- Machine Heads: Chrome Grover Rotomatic
- Pickguard: Tortoiseshell with Gold “M”
- Pickup System: AP5-Pro
Includes Maton Standard Case