Zoom H1 Portable Field Recorder
Version 2.0. Compact and portable twin X/Y stereo recorder that does 24-bit / 96-kHz audio
The ultra-compact H1 handy Field Recorder brings new meaning to the term “portability.” Small enough to slip in your pocket, it offers professional-quality stereo recordings at an incredibly affordable price. Take it with you wherever you go—live concerts and band rehearsals, location video shoots, lectures and meetings—or use it to capture your musical ideas whenever inspiration strikes.
The X/Y technique provides a great way to cover a wide area while still capturing sound sources in the centre with clarity and definition, making it perfect for all types of live stereo recording.
The H1’s built-in X/Y microphone provides two matched unidirectional microphones set at a 90 degree angle relative to one another, optimum for most stereo recording applications.
Alternatively, you can connect a pair of external microphones or line level signal to the H1’s Mic/Line Input mini phone jack for X/Y or other types of stereo recording.
- Interchangeable input capsules that can be swapped out as easily as the lens of a camera
- X/Y capsule and M/S capsule included
- Six-track simultaneous recording
- Four mic/line inputs with XLR/TRS combo connectors
- Gain controls (real knobs!) and -20dB pads for each input
- Phantom power for all main inputs: +12/+24/+48V
- Large full-colour LCD display, angled so it’s easy to read in all environments
- Records directly to SD, SDHC and SDXC cards up to 128GB
- Up to 24-bit /96kHz audio in BWF-compliant WAV or a variety of MP3 formats
- Auto-record, Pre-record and Backup-record functions mean that you’ll never miss that perfect take
- Multitrack to stereo internal mixdown
- Independent monitor and playback mixes
- Virtual VU meters
- Voice memo and up to 99 marks per recording
- Overdubbing, up to 99 takes
- Built-in effects, including low-cut filtering, compression and limiting
- Onboard MS decoding
- Normalize, Divide and Trim editing
- Chromatic tuner and metronome
- A/B loop playback
- Variable playback speed, from 50% to 150%
- Variable pitch per track without affecting playback speed
- USB port for data exchange to and from computer
- Multichannel and stereo USB audio interface for PC/Mac/iPad
- Camera strap mounts
- Mountable directly to DSLR or camcorder with optional HS-01 Hot Shoe Mount adapter
- Accepts standard AA alkaline or NiMH rechargeable batteries
- Over 20 hours of operation with 4 AA alkaline batteries
For more information, please visit the manufacturer’s website.